Growing Healthy Parishes
2005 - 2008 & 2009 - 2012
The Diocese of Kilmore, Elphin & Ardagh
A Word from Bishop
I’m delighted to commend
the Forward! Project to each person in the dioceses of Kilmore, Elphin
& Ardagh. Over the next four years this important initiative aims
to help our parishes to grow healthier and stronger.
Each of us wants to see our parishes growing into more healthy vibrant
communities, where God is honoured and everyone finds a welcome. But if
this is to happen then all of us must share the vision and be ready to
play our part. We cannot simply assume that there are others who will
do the work for us. As parishes and as individuals we will need to look
at ourselves and the way that we do things and ask if we could serve God
and his people more effectively. If each one of us can respond to the
challenge then I am sure that we will see real spiritual growth in ourselves,
our parishes and our dioceses.
I am asking every parishioner to consider carefully what part you might
play in helping to make sure your parish is growing and moving Forward!
Your friend & bishop,
Despite some of the challenges we face
- that God has us here for a purpose;
- that the local church is the hope of the world;
- that we have a great resource in the people of this diocese;
… and that we are making progress!
is designed to promote growth
in every parish
Growth in the involvement of parish members
+ Growth in cooperation
+ Growth in the
financial support we give to help make things happen
Forward!’s Aims . . .
Forward! in Worship
- Making our services more relevant and attractive
- Increasing attendances
Forward! in Building Church Families
- Helping every congregation to be a friendly, welcoming, confident and
- Involving and listening to children and young people in every aspect
of church life
- Encouraging every congregation to share its gifts with the wider church
Forward! in Reaching Out
- Being ready and eager to share the Good News of the Gospel with those
- Sharing the love of God in practical ways with all
Forward! in Service
- Developing ministry teams in every Parish
- Encouraging every member to play their part in the life of the church
We intend over the next four years to:
- Provide training in Worship & Leadership Development
- Continue to develop a programme that will specifically involve the Post-Confirmation
- Encourage parishes to run a spiritual development programme such as
Alpha, Christianity Explored, etc.
- Aim to achieve a 20% increase in direct financial giving to parishes
- Encourage Parishes to have two people under 25 years on their Select
- Work towards the provision of a Kilmore Youth Officer
will work when YOU…
PRAY for it!
PAY for it!
PLAY your part!
To help my parish grow I
would be interested in:
a group to learn more about my faith
a parish organization . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . .
with a parish organization . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
at Sunday services
with the clergy about how I can serve God more fully
to discover my gifts
my weekly giving to €/£. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . .per week
out more about tax efficient giving
(please give details in the box overleaf)
a 20% increase in giving
Current weekly giving
Please return this form when completed to your church on “Forward!
Sunday” - 17th April 2005.
An information evening will be held
at the Templeport Community Cenrte on Friday
8th April 2005 at 8.30 pm. This evening will begin with a period
of entertainment and praise followed by a short presentation by Revd Geoff
and closing with a bite of supper.
By now all parisioners should have
received the leaflet. Please fill in the responses to the questions above
which will be completely confidential and only seen by Revd Geoff Wilson
(and not by any other member of the group / diocese) and retun them at
the Forward Sunday Church Service in Tomregan Church Ballyconnell on 17
If you need additional copies of this form for
other members of your household please ask your Rector/ clergy-in-charge
for them. You may also click
here to open a response page which you may print yourself.